Daily learning targets:
Singing Read, write, recognize rhythms patters Grade 1 music vocabulary
Steady beat Mirror movement
Leading questions to get to learning targets of the day:
- Did you work on your singing voice today? What song(s) did you sing?
- Did you do any mirror movement today that you can share with me?
- Did you do anything with rhythm patterns today? read, write or recognize them on the promethean board?
- Have you started learning more music vocabulary? phrase, dynamics, strong beat, tempo?
Music Curriculum: Unit 4
- New note – dotted half note
- New pitch – re
- Read rhythm patterns with dotted half notes, half notes and quarter notes
- Read a melody pattern with do re mi in it
Leading question to get to the learning targets of the day:
- Can you draw a dotted half note?
- Can you write and read a rhythm pattern with a dotted half note in it?
- Where is re? between do and mi
- Can you read a melody pattern with do re mi in it?
Hiawatha Campus Howe Campus
4201 42nd Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55406 3733 43rd Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55406
Telephone: 612.668.4610 | Fax: 612.668.4620 Telephone: 612.668.4640 | Fax: 612.668.4650